Not long ago we went and picked blueberries, a summer ritual that we look forward to each year. You can see the post here. Last week we decided with all of our remaining blues we would atempt to make blueberry jam! It was a fun process and now we have delicious sweet jam to spread on english muffins, cheese, or anything else we might try!
1. Rinse 6 cups of fresh blues and let dry on a towel.
2. Begin boiling your jars to sanitize.
3. Grate 2 teaspoons of lemon rind.
4. Cruch 3 cups blueberries in a large pot with a potato masher.
5. Add remaining berries, 3 1/2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and lemon rind.
6. Bring to a boil and boil for about 20 minutes until it appears that the jam has thickened a bit.
7. Ladle jam into hot jars.
ENJOY the fruits of your labor! :)